Monday, January 30, 2006

Goblets and More

Brent has been working on goblets. He is making some really nice drinking glasses. I will get a photo posted as soon as we take some new pics. I think Tuesday afternoon will be my photography day in the studio. I am making some bowls. I am trying for a good V shape to the bowl with a small drop foot. It is a good look. I hope people will like them. I am working on a series for folks home alters. A blue one for water and a red one for incense. We shall see.
I am looking for a high end digital camera. Maybe a Canon SLR at around 8 megapixels. I like the idea of having a full service cameral. I do wish they made a digital camera that also took film. Switch back and forth. It may be a bit larger but could be well worth it.
This is great.
Keep it centered.

2 comments:

Is it sync'd yet? said...

I went up to corning to a goblet making class. You know the blown foot and everything. I loved it but have found it very hard to get is right without a nice garage and mucho spare time.

I have been making some what I call "starter" goblets where you blow the cup then jack a knob on the bottom and pull the stem out. Then drop a foot on the marver, and place the stem in the drop foot. Punti up, and jack out the cup..presto chango your done.

Can't say that I love them but other people seem to love the "heavyness" of it. I don't get it but there it is.

Scott(Gnat).
.

Bella Forte Glass Studio said...

Thanks for the comment about picasa - I will give it a whirl. I don't know why it quit working, I've done it many times.

Looking forward to seeing the new furnace - looking forward to watching you guys make goblets - looking forward to coming out there again and experiencing the best glass blowing shop in Oklahoma!