Friday, April 14, 2006

Answers to Questions

The Enclamo piece is just the way you described on the comments Gnat. It makes it very easy to creat the look of the enclamo without having to go through the knock of the the pieces. You get a good result.
Th Gott Shelf liner is great. the Graphite is a good quality and it works well. If you have pieces with jagged bottoms it can tear but with care it lasts a good long time. I have been very pleased. You can get it at Alan's site www.northernheat.ca or Hub consolidated glass stuff. If you call Alan tell him I said hello and I do recommend the 10" x10" pieces instead of the large piece of graphite. This is also a bit better on shipping.
On the new blocks. I have not yet made an order. Guy is making a trough style. I think this looks really good if you were making tumblers. I plan on ordering and trying one out soon.
Keep it centered.

2 comments:

Is it sync'd yet? said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Is it sync'd yet? said...

Yea I really like the idea of the trough style. It looks like something that would work out well for making glass after glass.

I am to the point that I am making pretty good glasses with straight walls with a 2 gather approach. They are bigger than rocks glasses and it is great practice. I end up giving them away like cookies.

I am waiting on some glow glass to make one for my favorite bartender. That way he can have a glowing pint glass at Intermissions Bar and Grill(My "NORM!" bar).

Please keep us updated on the trough style block as I think I might have to get one if you recommend it after you use it.

Scott.
.